TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Nice piece! Can you tell me what the difference
People Seeking Info

Subject Nice piece! Can you tell me what the difference

Posted by Ash's Z on September 03, 2014 at 1:06 PM
  This message has been viewed 536 times.

In Reply To Billet Crower VG crankshaft! posted by LitlElvis on September 01, 2014 at 07:46 PM

Message is between the amount of pressure is takes to push the oil to the center of the crank compared to the centrifugal force's effect on the oil once it is moving outwards to the con rod journal? ;-) If I am not mistaken, there is a net INCREASE in flow because of the differences in radius between the main journal radius from crank centerline to rod journal center from crank centerline. It may take some additional pressure to work against the centrifugal force to get the oil INITIALLY into the center of the crank, but once it is there, the pathway outwards, radially, to the rod journal is a good bit further out. That flow path out to the rod journal is going to pull the oil along the entire feed path and the net effect is positive from there. .... This is why I dont see what all the hype is all about with modifying the oil port pathways. All I See is that the oil has to take a slightly shorter path, which IMHO is a complete splitting of hairs difference as to how much oil gets to the rod journal...

Enthusiasts soon understand each other. --W. Irving.
Are you an enthusiast?

If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the
tailor.
Albert Einstein

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.